Training & Media Manager
(FT 32 Hours, Non-Exempt)
Who we are
At PAVE we integrate our experts in therapeutic support and our passionate team of educators to help youth and families heal from trauma, develop healthy relationship skills, and feel less isolated. We encourage community dialogue about gender-based violence and promote an emotionally healthy, self-expressive generation of young change-makers. With a long history of providing support in the Denver Metro area, Project PAVE is constantly innovating to respond to the ever-changing needs of our expanding community. PAVE reaches more than 4,000 children, teens, parents, teachers, and professionals across Colorado. For more information, please visit www.projectpave.org.
Who you are
You are responsible, reliable, and have a unique ability to handle ambiguity and be a creative problem-solver. You love working with people, planning and coordinating projects and achieving goals. You are an effective communicator and have a finger on the pulse of learning trends. You are able to quickly adapt to change and can utilize technology to create impactful lessons. You have the ability to think on your feet and improvise. Above all, you have an amazing sense of humor, recognize the value of collaboration, and have an abundance of capacity for working with a variety of people with diverse backgrounds.
What you’ll do
As part of PAVE’s violence prevention programming, you will lead the production and creation of a new Facilitation Training Program (FTP) and report to the Prevention Director. You will manage and create media content in correlation with PAVE curricula and oversee the details of training professionals and volunteers in the program. You will work collaboratively with all staff members to further PAVE’s mission “ending violence by empowering youth to build healthy relationships.”
- Manage day-to-day activities of the new FTP for volunteers and allied professionals utilizing True Man, Brave Woman, and Path to Healthy Relationships curricula
- Create content for FTP (video/digital content production, direction, editing), including content with adaptability for web and social media use
- Coordinate PAVE staff and youth involvement in leading sessions and presenting content for FTP
- Assist the Prevention Director in maintaining FTP-related partnerships (e.g. OVW, OVW Technical Assistance providers, Street Fraternity)
- Administer and track FTP participant surveys, media releases, and service data; assist with program evaluation to measure success
What makes you a great candidate for this role
- Minimum of 2 years of media creation experience, including producing, directing, and editing
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with high-school and middle-school aged young men and boys
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptability, positivity, and ability to relate to a variety of people
- Ability to meet deadlines and use your time productively and efficiently
- Internal motivation, while exceling within a team environment
What a position description won’t tell you
- You’re right for this job if: You can see both the big picture and the small details of a project and thrive in working on both.
- Keep walking if: You can only handle one task at a time
- At night, this will keep you awake: Seeking solutions to complex problems
- On your ride into work your jam is: A field-related podcast or a motivational biography
- Your daily mantra is: An obstacle is an unrecognized opportunity
Physical demands and work environment
- Office, outdoor, and classroom settings
- Lifting and carrying materials no more than 40 pounds at a time
- Walking, climbing no more than four flights of stairs
- Standing and moving for long periods of time
What you’ll receive
This is a grant funded position for a duration of two years by the Federal Office of Violence against Women (OVW) and Engaging Men & Boys grant. The starting base salary range is $45,000 – $55,000, commensurate with experience and skills; a flexible schedule and generous benefits including 100% employee health insurance, 100% employee dental insurance, 401K with employer match, paid holidays, and personal time off.
Don’t worry about updating your resume! Just submit an application for employment and your cover letter introducing yourself to email@example.com.
Project PAVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. PAVE is working to become a more equitable organization and encourages those from marginalized communities to apply.